Well, it is the middle of the summer for most of us. Depending on where you are, you have either been baked or soaked for the better part of the year already. Your saving grace has been the roof over your head. It has kept you dry in the downpours and shaded on the scorchers. After all that, your roof deserves to be looked after. If you get an annual roof inspection, then it will be no surprise when your trusted roof is nearing the end of its life cycle. With that in mind a little planning can go a long way.
Planning for a summer repair or replacement is easier in so many ways then an emergency or off season roofing job. Here are some of the reasons for a summer roof renew:
- Weather – The summer weather allows for much better working conditions and less concerns of rain and slop to get in your home
- Safer – The dryer conditions make it a safer place for your roofer to work.
- Daylight – With the longer summer days, your roofers can start earlier and work later which lessens the time and inconvenience to you and your family.
- Less Cost – In many cases the cost of roofing is less expensive than in the winter months because it can be done in less time.
- Easier – Removal of the old roof is much easier without any snow or frost.
These are just a few reasons why it is smart to consider reroofing in the summer rather than waiting for old man winter to come around. So next time you go out to the curb to get the paper, stop and take a look at your roof and think whether it would be a smart decision to have someone come look at it while we still enjoy the beautiful weather.